Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer S3-391 wireless network adapter not working after driver update

Hi,  I've got an Acer Aspire S3-391 running Windows 7 64 bit, and I recently updated my wireless network adapter (Atheros AR5BMD222) to the latest version 10.0.0.274 as recommended by Acer's website.  After updating the driver, I can no longer connect to my home wifi.  When I try to connect, I get the message that no wireless connections are available (even though all my other devices can see the wifi network) and when I diagnose the problem, it says that there might be a problem with the wireless network adapter and that windows couldn't automatically bind the ip stack protocol.  I've tried uninstalling the new driver and reinstalling the old one and running a system restore to before installing the new driver, both with no luck.  When I try to manually configure a wireless connection, I get "an unexpected error ocurred" message.  I have automatic DNS and IP address set, and when I look at my ipconfig IP, DNS, DHCP, etc all have addresses.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Best Answer

• ameraneamerane Posts: 3
    Accepted Answer

And just by playing around I managed to stumble across a solution.  When I looked up the properties of my wireless network adapter, I disabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP and now everything's working great.

FAQ & Answers

• ameraneamerane Posts: 3Member

In addition, I've tried resetting the TCP/IP using the netshell utility, but that hasn't resolved the issue either.

• ameraneamerane Posts: 3Member
    Accepted Answer

And just by playing around I managed to stumble across a solution.  When I looked up the properties of my wireless network adapter, I disabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP and now everything's working great.

• enginengin Posts: 1Member

The solution of acer s3 wireless problems is replacing wireless card with a intel 7260  card.