Do both devices have to be on and connected to the internet to share files with abFiles

Options
skmiller
skmiller Member Posts: 1 New User

First time trying abPortal and associated apps. Have added files to abFiles on laptop and would like to access them on my desktop. It seems fine when both computers are on. I'm not sure where to save any file I modify--to abFiles or to abBox? Word on my desktop shows an abFiles window, but includes only the docs that are in the desktop mobile uploads folder. Word on the laptop does not do likewise. I'm assuming there is no synchronization between mobile uploads folders on the different devices. Correct? That means I need to open every document that I want to access remotely and save it in the abBox? Otherwise, there will be no syncing?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options

When you place a shared file it syncs with the 'server' machine you've designated. To access it the first time on a client machine the server needs to be on, futures accesses will be automatically synced to the latest version if the server is on and not synced if the server is off.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TeresaHsu
    TeresaHsu Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi skmiller,

If you want to access files between PCs with abFiles, please keep your both PCs be on and online. The steps as below:

Launch abFiles > General > enable Allow Remote Access > install View files on your other PCs from this computer > View files on other PCs.

Please refer to the Tutorial video to find how to use abFiles.

About abBox, it’s an automatically synced file service. When you enable abBox, you can add files in any format to your exclusive abBox folder. The files will then be automatically synced to each of your devices when you connect to the internet. 

Acer BYOC Apps Support