Chromebook 15.6 no longer supports Chrome Remote Desktop after Chrome OS updated to V 46

samredman
samredman Member Posts: 5 New User

Using Acer Chromebook 15.6screen  Chrome Remote Desktop no longer functions properly after Chrome OS updated to V 46.

Version 46.0.2490.71 (64-bit)
Platform 7390.59.0 (Official Build) stable-channel auron_yuna
Firmware Google_Auron_yuna.6301.59.8

Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Enable Chrome Remote Desktop on any target endpoint
2. Launch Chrome Remote Desktop app
3. Connect to endpoint
4. Connection is made but remote display is blank

What is the expected behavior?
Expect to see the desktop of the remote endpoint.

The specifics for this Acer Chromebook is as follows: Acer® CB3-531-C4A5 Chromebook.  

What is Acer Tech Support's advice and position on this problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• samredman

I didn't realize you could edit these posts.... so what was here is now pasted in my first post.

• samredman

Further info: 

I am still able to connect successfully to the previously tested endpoints using Chrome Remote Desktop from three other computers, but not from my Acer Chromebook 15.  On other computers, I see the dynamic screen of the remote computer.  With the Acer Chromebook 15 it shows it is connecting but instead of a remote computer screen I see just a white rectangle (where the screen would have appeared).

• samredman
    Answer ✓

The issue is fixed with the latest release of the chrome remote desktop extension version 47.0.2526.27 release on 10/22/2015.

This link opens the web store to the new version:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-remote-desktop/gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp?hl=en

I simply uninstalled my Chrome Remote Desk app and then installed the new version of the app (don't have to wait for a new version of the Operating System). I am able to access all of my remote machines perfectly again.