How to upgrade to 8GB on Aspire XC-603

Options
chrise99
chrise99 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi

I went to Micron site and ordered 2 X 4GB DRAMS to replace existing 4GB DRAM that came with the box.

Micron says there should be clips to place both DRAMs in a single slot on the m/b. There aren't, just one.

The other empty slot doesn't have the right clips to put a DRAM there and also has a slit in the wrong place to accept a DRAM so I am guessing it is either not a memory slot or was deliberately made so that no upgrade was possible

The serial number is DTSW7AA004***

Thanks

Chris

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]

Best Answer

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello I have done this upgrade. The board only has 2 slots and only takes2 sticks one in each slot. The one closes to the drives the ram goes in backwards. If you turn the ram around on that picture it looks just like the other. If you have matched ram it will work. If not then it won't.
    Also upgraded the had from 500 gb to 1tb while I had it open. Wish both drives could have stayed but I want my DVD player so I have a backup if ever needed.
    James
    1445554887984-1067582094.jpg

Answers