ACER Aspire AX3300 not recognizing hard drive and optical drive,not booting to windows

Options
2»

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

yep, keep me updated!

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • himaryuk
    himaryuk Member Posts: 66

Tinkerer

Options

IronFly wrote:

yep, keep me updated!

I omitted to ask about trying one ram at atime,I tried one ram at slot 4, the blue slot,no changes,then tried the other ram in same slot no changes,the other three slots were empty,is this correct?or I need to try the other slots as well,the black ones?the bios was reading each ram as 2 Gb.

When I start PC from cold it recognise both HD and DVD drive,HD at Port 1,and DVD at port 4,but once I start windows it crashes and blue screen appears,when rebooting the HD and DVD disappears again.

I noted from the BIOS there are 4 SATA ports,can I try them on the motherboard?

And from the BIOS I found the SATA controller onboard option to enable or disable,I tried disable it, the pc can start on usb but it still request HD to boot from,is this possible that onboard sata controller is OK?as there is plug in sata controller available to buy and add to the motherboard if it is the cause.

Thank you.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

yes, you can try a single ram on all the ram slots.

if you have other physical SATA port on your motherboard, test them too.

to boot from USB, you must check if USB booting is available and press F12 at boot to choose the USB flash drive.

a PCI SATA controller will bypass the integrated SATA controller (i would disable it).

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • himaryuk
    himaryuk Member Posts: 66

Tinkerer

Options

IronFly wrote:

yes, you can try a single ram on all the ram slots.

if you have other physical SATA port on your motherboard, test them too.have tested the other two free ports,they not detecting drives.

to boot from USB, you must check if USB booting is available and press F12 at boot to choose the USB flash drive.Can boot from USB,tried paragon software and it runs OK,but HD not detected,seems PC does not like HD and DVD connected to Motherboard,it runs faster when both disconnected or SATA controller is disabled.

a PCI SATA controller will bypass the integrated SATA controller (i would disable it).I need to order one to try it,will flashing BIOS or upgrade may help?

The PC repair shop have tried different HDs and DVD drive,changing SATA cables,all failed,he think it is issue with MB or BIOS.