Iconia A1-810 stuck on boot logo

Options
daniloflorio
daniloflorio Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives

Hello everyone, I need your help with my tablet...so while my mother was surfing the internet she said that the tablet suddeny froze and she couldn't turn it off, I wasn't home and she didn't know that there is a small reset button to use in this case so she just let the battery die until it turned off by itself (worst choice, I know).

When I tried to turn it on nothing happened, I tried with the charger plugged in, also with the volume up + power button combination but didn't turn on, anyway even if the device was turned off while charging, I plugged in the charger and left it like that for a night, the day after I opened the rear case and unplugged the battery cables than plugged them back after some hours.

Now the tablet turns on but it's stuck on the Acer logo (no flashing animation), if I use the volume up + power button combination it turns on for few seconds and then turns off again, and if I plug in the usb cable to the PC I can't even access to the mass storage, also if I'm not wrong the debug mode wasn't enabled so I guess I can't do much with any toolkits.

I think there's some hardware damage, like the CPU for being overheated during the long time freeze or maybe the battery, oh and it's running the stock Android 4.2.2 and never updated it since when I bought it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

So, if you try to do a factory reset:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30957/~/factory-data-reset-on-the-iconia-a1-810-tablet

power button + volume UP

you are not able to enter recovery?

not good.

i suspect ROM issues (internal system storage) than CPU, so it's why you can't reach recovery.

i don't have other solutions than having a call to Acer support service if still under warranty.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • daniloflorio
    daniloflorio Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Exactly, I'm not able to enter recovery at all, if I try to it turns off again.

Before sending it to Acer repair center, I wanted to ask for your help, this is why I haven't done it yet, also because if the problem is not covered by the warranty they'll charge me even if they don't fix the problem (at least here in Italy).

I think I messed up by opening the back cover, this means that it's not under warranty anymore, even if all I did was plug/uplug the battery cables, but how can they know that I opened the tablet?

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Check private messages Danilo.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • meokey
    meokey Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same issue, and factory reset did not help.

IronFlyWould you please help me out? Thank you.

• mnmacd
    mnmacd Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    same here.. stuck on boot screen for days even after fdr
  • mnmacd
    Options
    I don't have an external sd card.. what now?
  • mnmacd
    Options
    SO what I did was reset the cache as a last resort...    it booted up to create an acer id section … fail "the acer site is not accessible at this time'"  so I went back to that screen.. select skip anyway...   I am now booted and ready to go I think... will update....
  • mnmacd
    Options
    mnmacd said:
    SO what I did was reset the cache as a last resort...    it booted up to create an acer id section … fail "the acer site is not accessible at this time'"  so I went back to that screen.. select skip anyway...   I am now booted and ready to go I think... will update....  

It booted up now updating all my pre installed apps