Fn+F5 not working in Windows 10

Jenik
Jenik Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 (Enterprise) on my ACER V5-573G. Almost everything runs smoothly but the display switch hotkey Fn+F5 does not work (simply nothing happens). All othe function keys are working perfectly.

I have tried updating windows graphics drivers (Widows 10 native version, Acer website version, Intel latest version) but nothing helps. I am still able to switch display modes using the Intel HD graphics control panel or via desktop > context menu > output but these are very uncomfortable.

Any help for me?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

windows key logo + p

enable the quick menu for monitor output.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

windows key logo + p

• Jenik

Thank you! It works.

However - I cannot figure out: Is this a workaround (meaning: "The Fn+F5 might not be working but there is another path to achieve the same goal") or is this a feature of a notebook running Windows 10 (i.e. the Fn+F5 is no longer supported, everybody has to use the Win+p instead)?

• IronFly

Fn+F5 and the others Fn+ keys combinations, work using Acer launch manager.

since Acer launch manager is not yet supported under windows 10, some key combination can't work; one is Fn+F5.

• Jenik

Got it!

If none of the "blue" fn+ keys did not work, I would've guessed so. Since all of them work (even the very "hardwary" things like touchpad disable, backlight OFF, keyboard light etc.) I couldn't figure that out.

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy

• dccharron
    dccharron Member Posts: 2 New User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update on my Aspire R14 went into endless reboot so I had no choice but to do a clean install. Since the clean install Fn + F5 is just one of several issues I'm encountering. Your workaround of using the Windows Key + P works fine in providing all the choices for external screen use. Many thanks for that info. Since this is quite an old topic (pre-dates W10AU) I was wondering if you know if Acer Launch Manager is now approved for W10AU and where I might get an installation file for it?

• IronFly

no, i don't have such information, sorry.

• dccharron
    dccharron Member Posts: 2 New User

Found it. The functionality is provided by an "Application" called "Quick Access Application". I found the installation zip file on the Acer website at http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

- Enter model number (I used my SNID) and click Search

- Choose your OS (I used Windows 10 64-bit)

- Click on "Application" green tab

- Look for "Quick Access Application" and click on Download to save zip file

- Open the zip file (File Explorer) and copy and paste content to another directory on your PC (e.g. Documents)

- Open the copied content and find the "Setup.exe" file - Double click on this file and complete the installation

This application has given me back all my FN keys and the popup graphics and tools such as Capslock, FN+F7 (de/activate touchpad), FN+F8 (volume control) etc.

• Gerardo62
    Gerardo62 Member Posts: 1 New User
    IronFly said:

windows key logo + p

Worked for me too. Thank you!!!!