Acer Aspire S5-391 missing screws

gusrub
gusrub Member Posts: 3 New User

I'll try to summarize what happened here:

My laptop is out of warranty already, I, however, sent it to a repair shop that was supposedly authorized by acer because the fan started to do a lot of noise, this being an ultrabook I did not wanted to tinder with it.

I waited for 20 days until the guy at the shop told me they sent the wrong replacement fan, I needed the computer to pull some info for work, got a little bit desperate and just picked it up and ordered the fan on ebay to replace it myself, unfortunately the repair shop returned the laptop to me missing a lot of screws, tiny screws. They of course said it was not their fault, yadda yadda.

Question: Does anybody knows what size are those screws, particular for that model (Aspire S5-391) ?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

There are a lot of screws, which screws, bottom screws?

• gusrub

All bottom screws, plus the ones that fit the keyboard on the inside Smiley Sad see attached photos. Thanks a lot!

acer1.jpg

acer2.jpg

• philetus
    Answer ✓

Here's all the screws. You should be able to figure out which ones you need.

2015-10-13_2117.png

• gusrub

Hey, I was looking for the manual before but I did not find that page, with your suggestion I think I found the info that I needed

Thanks a lot!

• philetus

I'm glad I could help.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi gusrub,

I'm sorry to hear about your experiece with this repair center, but I can confirm that it is not an authorized repair facility as we we have one centralized repair facility located in Texas for the US. We do this because it allows us to keep a higher standard and minimize this type of issue from bubbling up.

While I don't have access to individual screws, they should be obtainable online or from a computer repair shop as they are not proprietary.  Did you get the fan you needed? Maybe I can help here, or if your interested in us fix it, if you'll send me your serial number I'll see what options I can come up with on our end.

Thanks,
    Cory