Acer R7 572 Just shut down and will not boot up... At All!

redphotography
redphotography Member Posts: 2 New User

Greetings! Brought this convertible last august as my main unit for photo editing. Thought the convertible feature was really cool. Had no real issues for  while and then I ran into the power light on but dark screen a few times over the last couple of weeks, and the battery reset trick worked.

Now two nights ago I came back from running errands and the laptop was off? It will not boot and no blue power light!

I brought another adapater... No boot

Tried the reset battery thing in the back... no boot

tried holding power button for 10-20 seconds.. No Boot

Kind of frustrating since the machine was not cheap and I am now 2 months out of warranty!

Has anyone run into this problem? any fixes or solutions?

Oh! Almost forgot 3 sessions overdue for models Smiley Sad definitely my fault for not backing up, but who expects a laptop to just die after a little over a year?

As a side note it basically sits on my desk So I do not think its a shorted power port I think it has literally been out the house 3-4 times since I have owned it...

Any ideas greatly appreciated almost wish that I brought the toshiba I was on the fence about.

Thanks in advance for any assistance out there Smiley Happy

Answers

• guruaid-cs1
    guruaid-cs1 Member Posts: 11 New User

Remove the battery from the laptop (if feasible) and connect the laptop directly to power adapter. Now, see if it turns on.

If the issue still persists, check if following the guidelines mentioned on the link below helps:
    http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4/~/what-can-i-do-if-my-computer-does-not-power-on%3F

If the issue is still not resolved, you are advised to take it to nearest Acer service center to see what exactly the issue is. To do this, the following link can be helpful:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service

Hope this will help you.

• redphotography
    redphotography Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks so much for sharing that info however still not solved going to have to have it serviced (ouch... when its only 2 months out of warranty).

I really love this laptop but looking through the forums starting to see this series has many power issues.

Just wondering if Acer should just recall and fix the issue/s I have had many laptops from many other vendors and this is the first time I have had one just "die" on me. I usually have to purchase one when It just becomes to slow for my needs or if 'I' do something that damages it.

This is a first for me on many levels especially my first time buyinhg an acer laptop.

Thinking that after getting this one repaired I might do some real research before getting a machine from Acer.

This has really been an experience...