Aspire R7-571 unable to see SC card when inserted

Options
DennisSibb
DennisSibb Member Posts: 11 New User

I know this worked before I updated to Windows 10 in Windows 8.1, but to be honest I have not used this drive since I upgraded.

I did a full install of Windows 10 but having the install program delete everything and install it clean from scratch.

Device manager claims USB device locations "installd correctly"

I have tried deleting all the USB Root Hub entries and rebooting, with no change.  The drivers rediscoved OK, but still no Sd card is recognized, either when inserted or when insterted and power cycling the laptop while it is inserted.

Anyone else with this issue?  Any ideaswhat the problem might be?

Best Answer

• DennisSibb
    Answer ✓
    Options

I did this and didn't notice anything new showing up that I could see.  But it did lead me to what did and I got it working.  I started checking through every device looking for any mention of SD or card, basically.

I installed "Realtek PCIE CardReader" in the device manager and let it reinstall after restart.  Now it recognizes the card inserted after it boots up.

I was worried this was a driver issue with Windows 10. 

Thanks for your help guys.   Smiley Very Happy

Dennis

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

this SD card worked under windows 8.1?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • DennisSibb
    Options

Yes, I used it to load files onto a microSD card for use in a tablet.  Worked without a hitch under win8.1.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

Try this...

1. Go to device manager

2. Click on View

3. Click on Show hidden devices

4. If you see the card reader, try to uninstall/delete

5. restart computer

6. Check windows updates after a while

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • DennisSibb
    Answer ✓
    Options

I did this and didn't notice anything new showing up that I could see.  But it did lead me to what did and I got it working.  I started checking through every device looking for any mention of SD or card, basically.

I installed "Realtek PCIE CardReader" in the device manager and let it reinstall after restart.  Now it recognizes the card inserted after it boots up.

I was worried this was a driver issue with Windows 10. 

Thanks for your help guys.   Smiley Very Happy

Dennis