BCD problem

Options
trjoshi
trjoshi Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi,

I have AXC-605-EB31 desktop. I am getting BCD problem. I do not have boot disk. How to fix withou it.

TJ

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if your OS is windows 8.x and up:

First of all try to check if ALT+F10 at boot take you to windows 8.x recovery and you can reach command prompt from there:

troubleshot-advanced options- command prompt

if so, then type

bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

Once the command completes, restart the computer.

if windows recovery is missing:

1. Insert the Windows 8.x installation/recovery media and boot the computer using the disc.
    if you don't have a installation/recovery media, i suggest to download windows 8.1 enterprise trial edition:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-8-1-enterprise
    you need to burn the downloaded iso file to an USB or DVD bootable media

Note: You need to check the computer manual on how to set CD/DVD or USB drive as the first boot device in the BIOS.

2. Once you boot using the Windows installation disc, on the Windows 8.x installation window, click on Repair your computer.

3. Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options. First thing you may try is the Automatic Repair. If that does not help, go for System restore. If that works fine, then create a system restore point so that next time you encounter any problems you may always restore the computer to the recent system restore point created.

4. If that does not help, then select Command Prompt. Enter the following four commands into the prompt.

bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

Once the command completes, restart the computer.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • kamyabnet
    kamyabnet Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    what if you are dealing with windows 7?