Cannot access BIOS in Aspire 7250 laptop

JayTeeFJ
JayTeeFJ Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi all, I have a Acer Aspire 7250-0209 laptop which cannot access the BIOS menu. When I turn on the laptop it just show the Acer boot screen then immediately switch to a black screen with white texts saying "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key". At first I thought the HD was faulty so I replaced the HD with a new one but still its giving the same problem. Not only I cannot load/boot windows but there is no option to access the BIOS (even I tried pressing F2,F10,F12,DEL keys). Please can someone enlighten me about what can be done for me to be able to access the BIOS and reinstall windows. Thank you 

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Have you tried to access BIOS without any HDD?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JayTeeFJ
    I just tried access BIOS without any HDD. It does the same thing only now the white txt says "No bootable device -- Please restart system"
  • IronFly

you can try to do a CMOS reset.

open the ram cover, take off both ram sticks.

on the left side you will notice to jumpers, the right  need to be shorted to do a clear CMOS (JRST2001 pins).

short the 2 pins for 20-30 seconds then put back the ram sticks and try to boot again to BIOS pressing F2 with the HDD inserted.

• JayTeeFJ
    I have opened the ram cover behind my laptop and took off both the ram sticks. But I cannot locate the jumpers as you mentioned, the only thing on the left I can see is the wifi card. How is the jumpers look like? I have seen CMOS jumpers for desktops, is it the same for this one? if it is then its not on the left or anywhere around the opened ram cover. Pls help me locate the CMOS jumpers for reset, this solution is logically sound. Thanks
  • JayTeeFJ

I have made a short video about the problem that I'm facing now (link below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXH-olgOo3Y&feature=youtu.be

• IronFly

on a 7250 disassemble video, i saw a black rectangular thing on ram stick slots, is this removable?

• JayTeeFJ

Yes there is a black rectangular sticker there maybe to prevent the lower ram stick contacting with the motherboard. Attached is a pic of how it looks like after I peeled it offPeeled sticker RAM bay

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

short the 2 pins on the right side

• JayTeeFJ

Thank you Iron Fly... yay! it worked like magic. I can now access BIOS...thank you once again Iron Fly!!

BIOS

• IronFly

You welcome!

remember to put back the black rectangular thing. Smiley Happy