Windows 10 drivers for Aspire 5750G

Options
maro
maro Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,

I had earlier reserved Win10 for my laptop Aspire 5750G and have recently received message through Windows Update that I can upgrade, but when I look at driver section at Acer I can't see any drivers for Win10 related to my laptop.

I wanted to know if I can use the existing drivers while updating to Win10.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

windows 10 will update the necessary drivers, if it can't, you can always check on hardware manufacter website.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • maro
    Options

well that is my concern. If I update to win10 and later on notice that wifi is not working then I can't receive any updates at all!

Besides that Acer is not giving any drivers that suits win10 for my model I have already checked that, thats why I am asking Acer.

• IronFly
    Options

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models

your model is not in the list, so...no Acer support for windows 10 drivers.

• maro
    Options

Yes I had already seen that page, but my laptop has been qualified for Win10 by Microsoft, and I was hoping to hear that the existing drivers will support the new windows.

Has there been any driver compatibility test on models that is not listed as supported by Acer?

If I install win10 and notice that there are problems with drivers compatibility, is it possible/easy to downgrade to win7 or win8?

• IronFly
    Options

if you do the Acer recovery media before updating to windows 10, then you can easily revert to your factory installed OS.

windows 10 has function to revert back to previous windows version but sometimes this caused some issues, so i would prefer to re-install a previous windows version from scratch.