Windows 7 hang on boot up black sceren after password entered

Options
jeromestrach
jeromestrach Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer Aspire AM3400-U2052

Windows 7

During bootup, we have zero USB peripherals sans Keyboard & Mouse - and monitor.

No network, no peripherals, nothing in DVD-ROM drive.

Windows 7 boots, hit USER login screen, enter password, and screen goes black (with active mouse pointer)

Bring up task manager and it hangs.

Was able to boot into Safe Mode and proved HDD was viewable, so not faulty HDD

Is my only chance a recovery disk at this point?  Any other ideas from anyone to try?

System is our database server for an R/C Auction tomorrow, so really under the gun.

Possible cause: My fear is we had a Lexmark CD-ROM in the system when we rebooted, my fear is something tried to load from CD during restart.  Now system is barebones, nothing attached, and we're stuck at black screen.

Answers

• jeromestrach
    jeromestrach Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Solution: F8 - restored to previous successful boot configuration. We're back up.
  • Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

The Lexmark CD is not bootable, so that will not be an issue. If restoring to a previous point will not work, restore may be your only option. If you need data off the hard drive first, then you can either slave it in another comptuer to save the data, or take it to a local computer tech to do the same. To get into the restore partition on the hard drive, you hit alt + f10 when you power on the comptuer and see the acer screen. Good luck!

• danielee0406
    danielee0406 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

hi after switching mother board pc emachines ez 1600 still blacks out after boot up. pc turns on and everything fine... should i change the screen or inverter?  the new mother board was purchased so i know its not the mother board i just purchased to replace the original. 

This discussion has been closed.