Acer Iconia W700 keyboard cover

Options
hperviz94
hperviz94 Member Posts: 7 New User
Hello, I would like to buy Acer W700, recenly I have heard that new version of Acer W700 released which includes built in keyboard in its cover. My question would be how can I get this new version. Unfortunately, I could not find new version on Amazon, I am living in US, where can I get this product?

Regards,
Parviz

Answers

• shelimp1611
    shelimp1611 Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Hi hperviz94,

I am not sure if those in the U.S. have received it yet. Check out this thread and see what others have said about it: http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Tablets/Acer-W700-keyboard-case/m-p/11803#U11803

In Canada, I believe the W700-6407 and the W700-6827 ship with both the plastic dock and case with built in keyboard. Hope you find it!

• hperviz94
    hperviz94 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    Thank you for your help, but I am looking for online buying as I am living in USA, I would purchase it from Amazon, but I am not sure which version it is. The interesting fact is that, recently its price on amazon rose from 866 to 899 USD. According to pictures it is first version. Still I am confused about that... Anyway, thanks for sparing time.

Warm Regards,
    Parviz
  • roamingbot
    roamingbot Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Last week I bought the Iconia W700 with keyboard cover. Unfortunately the documentation that comes with the unit is for the older version with the dock and no keyboard. This keyboard has a small button and two leds. It is not clear if you need to manually switch on the keyboard and off again when not in use. The keyboard power runs out very quickly so I suspect you need to turn it off. When you keep it pressed for some seconds or so, both leds start blinking in succession. When pressing briefly the blue led comes on. When charging the red led comes on and becomes blue when charged. But without a descritption it is not at all clear if this is the proper procedure. Since it runs out of power within an hour or so, I suspect something else is needed. Where can I find documentation of the bluetooth keyboard. I tried to talk to the support center but they can only assist when a unit malfunctions. So no documentation to be found anywhere. Then I tried to get in touch with support by eMail. That does not work, since the Acer system does not accept the serial number that is on the machine and the date that is selected using the calender icon is also not accepted. How then are you supposed to get in touch with someone who can answer these questions ?

• wmm
    wmm Member Posts: 63 Troubleshooter
    Options

It can't hurt to turn the keyboard off after using it; I haven't used it for long periods of time (less than two hours at a shot so far), but I haven't noticed any problems with the battery life.

In any event, to turn the keyboard off, press and hold the power switch for 3-4 seconds until the right LED blinks once or twice.  That indicates that it is off.  (The right LED coming on and staying on for five seconds or so after you press and hold the power key is the indication that you just turned the keyboard on.)

The situation with both LEDs blinking indicates that it is in pairing mode, so that it can connect to a different computer (or to the W700 if the pairing has been lost for some reason).  You get to that by holding the power button down for a good deal longer than is necessary to turn the keyboard on or off.

This discussion has been closed.