Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Aspire V5 wont power on. Power light blinks five times.

Daughter last used laptop on battery power and ran id down completely until computer shut off. She plugged in the power cord and it would not come on when pressing the power button.  Laptop was plugged in overnight and this morning same issue - the power light just blinks five times when you press the power button. This is the same behaviour whether plugged into power or not. I've tried holding down the power button. Tried with battery removed and A/C power, but then no light comes on at all.  I've tried removing the battery and A/C power, holding the power button down for 30 seconds, then install battery and plug in A/C power, but no difference.  I tried a different A/C power adapter and no difference. Any ideas?     

Best Answer

• dfcanuckdfcanuck Posts: 4
    Accepted Answer

I had an object hold down the power button all day.  I now plugged in the A/C power, and it started right away.  Problem solved. 

FAQ & Answers

• Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

• dfcanuckdfcanuck Posts: 4Member

first ten of Serial number is: NXM49AA035.  How does that help? 

model number is V5-571P-6631

Accepted Answer

I had an object hold down the power button all day.  I now plugged in the A/C power, and it started right away.  Problem solved. 

• DawnajDawnaj Posts: 8Member

Lol, EXACTLY and since no other resolution was provided seems as if the fix is official! 

Have something hold down power button all night and Wella! MFG DEFECT FIXED AND THE CUSTOMER HAD TO FIGURE THAT OUT!

• DawnajDawnaj Posts: 8Member

Lol, EXACTLY and since no other resolution was provided seems as if the fix is official! 

Have something hold down power button all night and Wella! MFG DEFECT FIXED AND THE CUSTOMER HAD TO FIGURE THAT OUT!

ACER and their CUSTOMER CORE VALUES, Would have charged you for that resolution had the customer who posted, didn't figure that out. 

I believe there is a mfg defect with the buttons.