V3-771 Blue Screen on startup every time

Options
Thlm
Thlm Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I have had my Aspire V3-771 for about two years, and when I turned it on this morning it briefly goes to blue screen after a few seconds of the Acer "Explore beyond Limits" screen, before auto-restarting and getting stuck like this again and again.

During the Acer screen it ignores anything I type (shift-F8 etc) and even repeatedly shutting it off manually to initiate repair fails as well.

For the past month or so there have been infrequent KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR crashes, which increased slightly in frequency before the above issue started. The Blue screen in this instance is shown so briefly now however that I don't have time to read which error is reported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tobias

Answers

• Alfin72
    Alfin72 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    It appears that there are some issues with the hard disk, Thlm. The combo key to enter recovery is not shift-F8 it is "ALT + F10". ( press and hold the ALT key and tap on F10 as soon as you saw the Acer logo). To boot into safe mode On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Tap or click Advanced options, then select Startup Settings. Tap or click Restart. On the Startup Settings screen, choose the startup option as Safe Mode with Command Prompt . Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights. If you could Boot into safe mode you could run a check disc command. i.e ( "CHKDSK C" in command prompt as admin ). If that didn't help try a system reset. From the trouble shoot screen. Chose Troubleshoot. You will see choices as, Refresh your PC, Reset your PC and Advanced options. Chose reset your PC. Then chose next. Now, chose just remove my files. Than chose reset. --------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​----------------------------- Remember to mark "Accept as Solution",If I was helpful and the post solved your problem. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.
  • Thlm
    Thlm Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for your fast reply! I tried that but unfortunately the system isn't recognizing the alt-f10 command either and simply continues to show the acer logo for a few seconds before going to blue screen and starting over again. Sometimes the acer logo flickers briefly when I press something but so far I haven't found a way to break it out of the loop other than just turning off the machine. Any ideas?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

installed OS?

please check if D2D support is enabled on BIOS, press F2 at boot, i don't remember the tab where this option is.

if D2D is enabled and ALT+F10 is not working, your recovery partition is corrupted or missing.

did you create the recovery media?

I'm not an Acer employee.