Acer Aspire xc-705 Noisy in-game

MarneyG
MarneyG Member Posts: 7 New User

I've had some trouble ever since I bought this PC. Now, its performance in games is magnificent for what it is, and I'm very satisfied with its capabilities. 

But, an issue I've experienced ever since I got it is, it's noisy as all heck whenever I play a game. Whether it's an old or new game, it's sounding like an old vaccum cleaner. And I really want this to stop. So, Do you have ANY advice on how to make it... you know, quiet down a bit? I would really appreciate some help, because it's really annoying that I disturb everyone around me(myself included) whenever I play a game.

Thanks in advance. 

P.S. I love the product, I just want this fixed somehow.

Answers

• Hello,

1. Firstly you could check the fan speeds with HWMONITOR zip version (no installation) and post here a screenshot of the board.
    2. What model do you exactly?
    France
  • MarneyG

https://gyazo.com/386a15c228a3ea8219aca05fe956137c

https://gyazo.com/881a07fc9f0be042db97df0a62cd0c42

Two screenshots of the entire board.

And well, I'm sorry if I come off stupid here, but what exactly do you mean by model? 

I'm really sorry for sounding stupid, but I wouldn't want to send information that's most likely incorrect.

• Question I have is it Fan related or DVD/CD Drive related? I had a computer that while I would play some games or load some types of software the computer would sound like it was trying to take flight. After all that I tried I just broke down and replaced the Drive and now I don't have that issue!?

James

• MarneyG

Well, I think it's fan-related. It's only whenever I start a game. It doesn't really even matter what game, honestly. It always sounds like a vaccum cleaner.

I guess I could try switching out the Drive, but I don't know if it will help.

I will admit, my knowledge of computers is limited, as I'm fairly new to PC gaming as a whole.

So, any tips on how to switch out the Drive? And with what?

• The CPU temperature is 75C

The speed fan is ~1000RPM. The max speed of this one is 4700RPM but it only works at 2000 or 2300RPM.

Could you try to load default settings in the bios utility:

1. Turn on the desktop
    2. Press [Delete] when you see Acer screen
    3. Press [F9] Load defaut settings
    4. Press [F10] Save and exit setup
    5. The desktop restart automatically

Relaunch HWMONITOR and post the entire board.

About model:

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

Warning:

The max temperature of CPU is 72C. I advise you to stop playing game for the moment.

France
  • MarneyG

The other screenshots:

https://gyazo.com/894e48a9955ac46e8406bb7ffc954d1f

https://gyazo.com/152a9f027d2560f80e4b0702c98abbc8

Model/First 10 characters of serial number: DTSXLEQ022

• Hello,

1. Your desktop is it still under warranty?
    2. Do you see through the inlet if the fan/heatsink is clean or dusty?
    3. The fan of PSU does it blow?  - Pass your hand in front -
    France
  • MarneyG

1. I believe so, yes.

2. It is somewhat dusty, and I will clean it up. But I doubt that's the issue, as it's been noisy ever since I bought it. Even before it even started collecting dust in the first place.

3. I tried passing my hand in front, and I felt a slight blow from the PC. It was very slight, though.

1. You can check the date of warranty end here.
    2. Don't remove the panel if there are warranty stickers.
    3. My diagnostic: The bearing of the fan is defective. The speed doesn't increase correctly. The bearing brakes the motor and it may be very noisy (whistling).
    France
  • MarneyG

So, can you reccommend any action I can take to stop it?

• The fan must be replaced. As your desktop is certainly under warranty, I suggest you to contact your reseller.

France