Windows 10 Graphic driver for Aspire 7520

Jackietools
Jackietools Member Posts: 4 New User

Im trying to find a compatible graphics driver for my Aspire 7520-5185 that has an Nvidea 7000-n610M video card. Nvidea site says the drivers they have are not compatible with some laptop drivers(they are not as I tried them). I tried the Vista as well as Win 7 drivers and they appear to load but have no effect and I still do not see the Nvidia card listed in Device Manager, only the default Microsoft driver. I was running Win 8 Pro X64 and the driver 179.48 worked but not with Win 10 Pro X64. Any ideas of where and if Acer will have a compatible driver. I wanted to sell the laptop but cannot until I find a driver that works. I upgraded over the years from Vista. Hopefully I can find my old Windows 7 key and reinstall Win 7 so I can sell it. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Jackietools
    Answer ✓

You can however install the last generic 259.47 WHQL driver (From August 2010) which was provided by Microsoft for Windows 8. Just extract the .cab file and update the driver manually from device manager.

Answers

• Jackietools

I have the answer but the site will not let me post it

• Jackietools
    Answer ✓

You can however install the last generic 259.47 WHQL driver (From August 2010) which was provided by Microsoft for Windows 8. Just extract the .cab file and update the driver manually from device manager.

• Jackietools

Worked perfectly. Thanks to  a member on the Nvidea forums!!