Aspire V5-122P Black Screen

rexdark
rexdark Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have a big problem with my laptop I've been unable to fix. Two days ago, I was adjusting my screen brightness on my laptop (Aspire V5-122P) when, with a disgusting click, the screen went suddenly black. First of all I tried to restart the computer when I got aware that my BIOS was bricked someway. Given that, I procceded to flash it...

I managed yesterday to create a bootable USB in FAT32 with the *.fd file inside, which I obtained from extracting the exe provided by the ACER drivers' support site. I pressed FN+ESC in the right time only to see, or to hear,  a constinously beep every three/four seconds. I leaved the laptop alone for a while and I looked for some answers in this forum (when I found this old post) until the beeps stopped. I let the laptop all night on, but this morning it was as always, with only the battery and power led on. I have repeated the process two times but I can see the USB activity led working only the firsts seconds, after that I get the beeps.

I'm out of ideas, I was able two years ago to flash the BIOS of my old Satellite A500-18R, but I have not succeed with yhis one. Can anybody help me? Any ideas of why amd I getting those beeps? Thanks for the help!

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Are you currently able to see anything on the display? What if you attach a secondary monitor? I don't really have a lot of suggestions on troubleshooting you can try. You may try using recovery disks if you have them. If not, I suggest you contact technical support in your region.