ES1-131 RAM and HDD user replaceable?

jeremiahyong
jeremiahyong Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

Wanted to pick up an ES1-131 but sales person couldn't tell me if the RAM and hard drive were user replacebale or not. The specs are 

Model ES1-131-C4UB (Black Diamond)

Intel Celeron Quad Core N3150  

2GB Ram 500GB HDD

was hoping to upgrade to 8gb ram and put an ssd in it

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-ES1-131-Notebook-Review.146308.0.html

looking at the first picture, you need to unscrew and open completly the back, so no quick access with HDD or ram bay.

if there's any warranty sticker on this screws, you will avoid your warranty.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jeremiahyong

But that one is a different model. It has the 32gb eMMc which is soldered on with the RAM and no SATA header

• IronFly

Yes, but has the same body. Smiley Happy

the HDD is placed on the left side, metallic gray part.

The ram stick is on the other side of the mainboard, facing the touchpad, so you have to take off the mainboard and can be upgraded to 8GB with a single ram stick.

• jeremiahyong

ok but can anyone confirm if the RAM is replaceable? or is it also going to be soldered on

• IronFly

i edited my previous post.

ram is replaceable, with only 1 ram stick and up to 8GB.

• quinn5452
    quinn5452 Member Posts: 1 New User

Yup, the RAM is replacable with a max of 8GB DDR3L. It is however not an easy task, since it is on "the wrong side" of the mainboard. Takes a lot of care.

The SATA header is not only unpopulated on the 32GB model, but also not connected on the mainboard so no way to solder one on either.

• razvanu
    razvanu Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello,
    For the model Aspire ES1 ES1-131 if you want to do the memory upgarde, you can found here -http://bit.ly/Aspire_ES11_Memory_Upgrade,
    I will try to do the SATA Connector SSD Upgrade by soldering it to motherboard, keep updated but the warranty will be lost...Smiley Sad

• razvanu
    razvanu Member Posts: 4 New User

The correct link for the model Aspire ES1 ES1-131 if you want to do the memory upgarde, you can find here .

• Bidyananda
    Bidyananda Member Posts: 1 New User
    need urgent reply
    can i change the processor intel Celeron processor N3060 for model Aspire ES1 ES1-131 to i3 processor

• need urgent reply
    can i change the processor intel Celeron processor N3060 for model Aspire ES1 ES1-131 to i3 processor
    Hi
    Hi,
    You can not upgrade your CPU as it has BGA1170 socket support, it means it's soldered to the motherboard.
  • CmonK
    CmonK Member Posts: 1 New User
    Good Day!!

Can I upgrade this laptop: Acer Aspire ES 11 ES1-131-C92U

Upgrade RAM to 8gb and upgrade HDD to SDD???