Touchpad not working e5-571

muttley75
muttley75 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi, any help most gratefully appreciated!

The touchpad on my laptop (e5-571) has stopped working. Tried downloading the driver from the acer site for it, first the Elantech then the Synaptics, and neither have worked. I'm now at a loss as to what to do. Using Windows 10, not sure if that's relevant....

As I said, any help will be thoroughly appreciated.......

Answers

• abhi4ppl
    abhi4ppl Member Posts: 5 New User
    On desktop..press win+f7 to activate touchpad
  • muttley75

Thank.... tried that, no joy.

I looked at my drivers and noticed that there doesn't seem to be one for the touchpad there so went on to the acer site and tried to download one of the drivers there, it wouldn't take for some reason and then tried the other driver on the site.... again no joy. Now I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do!

• muttley75

Any help at all?

• Mikon
    Mikon Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2018
    My Acer E5-575 touchpad abruptly stopped functioning. On boot up, I briefly see an icon that indicates whether the touchpad is OK or not (box with a hand and pointing finger that is either X-ed out or not), but the touchpad fails to work for either indication. When I access Settings/Touchpad, I can alter the settings, and opted out of the choice to deactivate when a mouse is used, but it still does not respond. I now must use an external mouse at all times... both tethered via wire or via wireless connection works.

I tried the win+f7 recommendation above, but with no effect. I also downloaded and installed the latest touchpad driver from Acer (I think it was Elantech or something like that), also with no effect.

OS is windows 10 64 bit, BIOS V1.10

Open to any suggestions... thanks.
This discussion has been closed.