How to do factory reset on Acer Iconia A200 tablet ?

Options
carla4
carla4 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am locked out of my Acer Iconia a200 Tablet.   I got it from my sister and she had locked it by too many pattern attempts her email and password doesnt work unlocking it either. I need help getting it unlocked or help doing a factory reset. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    The following steps will erase all of your personal information, all stored contacts and any programs you have installed on your tablet: Power off the tablet. Press and hold the Volume up button, which is located closest to the rotation lock. Note: In landscape view, with the volume buttons across the top of the tablet, Volume Down is the lefthand button. In portrait view, with the volume buttons across the right side of the tablet, Volume Down is on the bottom. With Volume up button held, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then release it. Continue holding the Volume up button. Once the tablet vibrates, switch the touch screen lock switch on and off repeatedly while still holding the Volume up button. Release the Volume up button and stop switching the touch screen lock switch once the "Erasing Userdata..." message appears in the upper left corner of the screen. Once complete the tablet reboots and starts with the OOBE screen, at this point the tablet will have been restored to the factory default settings.
  • Peglyn
    Peglyn Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have tried numerous times what u have wrote ...... When it comes back on after the lil robot screen goes away, it opens back up to the screen with the key pad and time. This is what I am trying to remove. It has locked me out and my son does not remember the code. How can I get this screen removed? Why is my hard reset not working. Please help!!!!