i have an Aspire Nitro VN7-791 is it possible to turn off the keyboard backlight permanently?

JT80
JT80 Member Posts: 5 New User

Does anyone know how to turn off the keyboard lights permanently? I have no use for it an its a bit annoying to have to turn it off every time i turn on and/or restart the computer. Otherwise i just LOVE this laptop its by far the best computer ive owned...

Answers

• yanperez
    yanperez Member Posts: 14 New User

I dont know if there is a setting for this, but you can disconnect the flex cable of the led lights if you open up your laptop. There are 3 flex cables, one of thm is for the led backlight.

• JT80

never done that before. dont know if i wanna in case i pull on the wrong wires and screw up the whole computer, doesnt the warranty expire if u open it up?

• yanperez
    yanperez Member Posts: 14 New User

look at this video, the led cable is the amber/brown one he points on minute 3:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl8dd7R555s

about the warrranty, I guess, but there arent any tamperproof stickers or labels.

this is another tutorial. These are for the 591 model but I guess the 791 is pretty similar.

www.myfixguide.com/manual/acer-aspire-v-nitro-vn7-591g-disassembly/

• kz
    kz Member Posts: 7 New User

use the blue fn button on the bottom of the keyboard along with the f9 at the top.

• JT80

that just turns it off until the computers next restart...

• kz
    kz Member Posts: 7 New User

Yea, that makes sense.