Aspire XC-605 No bootable drives after BIOS update

Options
2»

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

You're welcome.

If you still have problems, then go back and re-read every single one of my posts in the thread below.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-772-Windows-8-1-clean-install/td-p/449512

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • vitasam
    vitasam Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Jordan,

it seems Ok now. PC is stable and is waking up just in a few seconds.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

vitasam,

Excellent news!

Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • vitasam
    vitasam Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Jordan,

yes, indeed!

Thanks! Maybe it will be a good idea to keep your step-by-step instruction somewhere in the FAQ   Smiley Happy

• constantine
    constantine Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/en/profile/JordanB">JordanB</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"><p>A. The Windows GUI utililty (afuwingui) is for experts.  Are you an expert?  Most people that have BIOS problems or brick their XC-605, TC-605, Tc-705, xc-705 use Afuwingui.  You're lucky you didn't brick it.  I read the readme and use the SOP and don't have any problems.</p><p> </p><p>The standard operating procedure (SOP):</p><p> </p><p>1. Download P11.B4</p><p>2. Extract</p><p>3. Copy the Win and ROM folders to a USB flash drive.</p><p>4. Open an admin command prompt</p><p>5. If your USB flash drive has a drive letter of F, then you would type</p><p> </p><p>F:</p><p>cd win</p><p>flash</p><p> </p><p>6. After the processing completes, restart your computer</p><p>7. When it prompts you to enter the BIOS, press the "delete" key on your keyboard to enter the BIOS settings</p><p>8. Load the BIOS defaults (F9) and then save/exit (F10).</p><p>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p>B.  If your computer came pre-installed with Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, <strong>don't disable secure boot and don't set launch csm to always.</strong></p><p> </p><p>Good luck</p><p> </p></div>
    </blockquote>
    Hi, sorry but I really need to hijack this post. 😂 I kinda used the mentioned afuwingui.exe to flash the BIOS which resulted in a dead unit of XC-605. Is there a way to revive it? Thank you...
  • Robbywaluyo
    Robbywaluyo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thanks man...
    It works...