Increase storage on R7-371T

Options
flyingDman
flyingDman Member Posts: 3 New User

I am interested in buying a R 13 R7-371T-59ZK. I read the posts about Raid 0 (and failure to duplicate that yourself). All I want is to increase storage. No Raid 0. The system comes with a 128gb m.2 sata stick in the 1st slot and nothing in the second slot (correct me if I am wrong).  I want to buy a Samsung 500GB 850 Evo M.2 SSD and put it in the second slot so that I'll have a total of 628gb.

Is this possible? will it read it right away (after formating I guess), or would I need to do something else in order to use it? 

Any other advice?

Answers

• flyingDman
    Options

Mmmh, would have thought this to be an easy question. Did nobody do this?

• rufaz
    rufaz Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    Options

sorry, i dont have such device in hand. but in theory, it should work. ever tried putting in your main drive into the 2nd slot? (just to ensure it works as per our theory. lol)

wish any acer mods are here to help.

• flyingDman
    Options

Thanks. Agree w/ last remark.  The fact that theu don't reflects on the brand.

In theory this should all work. You should be able to put two m.2 w/ different sizes in there and if you put 2 of the same size you should be able to (re)-create a Raid-0. 

I would just hate to buy one of these an find out later that I could not increase the size to at least 628gb.  So I am still looking for someone who has done this and to confirm that it works.