Headset microphone is not working on Aspire E14. Help please?

sweetahnne2007
sweetahnne2007 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

I've purchased an Aspire e14 laptop and a headset ( GE 98974 Voip Stereo Headset ) but the microphone on the headset is not detected by my laptop.  I have tried other headsets but the mic still doesnt work. I have updated the driver but it still doesnt work.

Device manager does not detect the other microphone.

devicemanager.jpg

Headset has a 4 pin single jack. 

Please help.

Thanks,

Anne

Best Answer

• sweetahnne2007
    Answer ✓

EUREKA!!

I was able to fix the problem!

In case you are experiencing the same, this might work:

1. Pull up the TASK MANAGER. Under the "Start up" tab, check if Realtek HD Audio Manager is disabled. If so, right click on it and then click on "Enable".

realtek 1.jpg

2. Search for "Realtek HD Audio Manager" and click on it.

2.jpg

3. Under Microphone tab, make sure mic is not on mute and click on the folder icon on the right side

3.jpg

4. Once you click on the folder on the right side, a pop up like this will display and you will need to make sure that the radio box is ticked like the picture below:

5.jpg

5.  Now, plug in your headset-mic device and you should see a pop up message like so...and tick on the "HEADSET" radio button.

6.jpg

Now, you may test the microphone by using Sound Recorder or skype.

It worked for me and i felt so helpless.

I even tried Acer's chat support and the person didnt even asked troubleshooting questions and just told me to bring the unit to a service center Smiley Sad

I hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Anne

Answers

• sweetahnne2007
    Answer ✓

EUREKA!!

I was able to fix the problem!

In case you are experiencing the same, this might work:

1. Pull up the TASK MANAGER. Under the "Start up" tab, check if Realtek HD Audio Manager is disabled. If so, right click on it and then click on "Enable".

realtek 1.jpg

2. Search for "Realtek HD Audio Manager" and click on it.

2.jpg

3. Under Microphone tab, make sure mic is not on mute and click on the folder icon on the right side

3.jpg

4. Once you click on the folder on the right side, a pop up like this will display and you will need to make sure that the radio box is ticked like the picture below:

5.jpg

5.  Now, plug in your headset-mic device and you should see a pop up message like so...and tick on the "HEADSET" radio button.

6.jpg

Now, you may test the microphone by using Sound Recorder or skype.

It worked for me and i felt so helpless.

I even tried Acer's chat support and the person didnt even asked troubleshooting questions and just told me to bring the unit to a service center Smiley Sad

I hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Anne

• mybelle
    mybelle Member Posts: 1 New User

You are an angel without wings. You've solved the problem I was bearing for a week now re microphone issues. Thanx a lot my friend! Smiley Happy

• AwKeiH
    AwKeiH Member Posts: 1 New User

YOU ARE MY HERO! ACER SHOULD PAY YOU. THANKS A TON MATE!

• sweetahnne2007

Glad it helped Smiley Happy

• sheilaicruz
    sheilaicruz Member Posts: 1 New User
    thank you so much for this! ive been trying to contact the chat support team the whole day to no avail, i didnt want to call them as i wanted to see the instructions and yours is very details with pictures! thank so much!!!
  • Estymator
    Estymator Member Posts: 1 New User
    You help me a lot. Register here just to thank you bro :D
  • Biyonce
    Biyonce Member Posts: 1 New User
    i wanna thank you to this kind human being, i searched on youtube and there is nothing. But you came in to my life hahaha thank you so much