E 15 hdd password frozen in bios

Littlemisscin89
Littlemisscin89 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

When I turn on my laptop and press F2 to acces the bios it says password is clear but upon closing bios will not boot saying hard not availible. When i reboot the acer logo appears and the screen goes black, after several minutes a blue page appears with two options restart or advanced options, I open the advanced options and acces the bios by de UEFI and in the security options it says that my HDD Pasword Is Frozen. Other Passwords are clear. I cannot use recovery disks because drive is frozen. Computer is Acer Aspire E15 with Windows 8.1 installed on it and i can't BOOT with a cd-rom because it doesn't a cd player. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

try this enter BIOS, go to the last tab "save & exit" and choose "load default settings", press F10 and choose save and exit.

enter BIOS again and check about frozen password, if it's frozen, clear it and press F10, save and exit. check again.

the best thing, it would to clear password, save and exit, take off the HDD, boot to BIOS, save and exit again, put back the HDD and try to boot; but you need to open completly your laptop back cover but....

if you are under warranty, it's not a good thing to do.

so, if you are under warranty and can't clear the password, please contact Acer support service.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers