Huge issue with acer system recovery disc on my Acer s7-391 laptop

Options
zake169
zake169 Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi everyone, I'm really desparate as my laptop have stopped working for weeks and I need it back 

First Issue: i installed the window 10 free upgrade sucessfully, however, I decided to factory restore the laptop through window 10 factory restore from start menu because there were lot of useless files and after the window factory restore I am unable to boot back into window and I get a error message said "no bootable device detected" and the computer going into a restart loop of no way to factory restore again outside of window. I have try resetting the battery multiple times and nothing works!

Second Issue: I received my acer recovery disc that I brought from acer website because I didn't create a recovery media back when my window was working. So i pop the disc in with a usb cd rom and I was able to get into the recovery menu through the disc. However, when i try to choose the factory restore option from the disc, it said to boot from legacy mode. However, when i switch to legacy mode it gave me a error code 0xc0000017 saying not enough memory to create ramdisk. So the recovery disc doesn't work

Is there anyway to fix the issues above, is there anything I have to do before I pop in the recovery disc from acer with legacy mode? Should I send it to Acer for repair? I really need this laptop in working condition.

Thanks guys!

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Probably a bootable live CD is the best option for your situation:
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html
    download the .iso file
    then use a software to burn CD/DVD or USB flash drive and burn the .iso file
    once done, put the CD/DVD/USB on your PC, boot from CD/USB (maybe you need to boot under Legacy if you have UEFI BIOS)
    press F12 at boot and choose CD or USB
    at the desktop
    select your HDD
    right click on your HDD icon and choose delete all patitions and click on yes and then apply
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/help/delete-all-partitions.html#howto
    or wipe your HDD completly (it will erase also any GPT or MBR on the HDD), choosing the first option after selecting the wipe function.
    then exit partition wizard, boot to BIOS, set UEFI back from Legacy (if you have UEFI BIOS) and boot from the erecovery media.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

this happens because the factory restore DVDs need a clean/wiped HDD.

have you tried to press ALT+F10 at boot?

have you any options from Recovery DVDs to repair your computer?

if so, click on it, choose troubleshot-advanced options-command prompt

once in command prompt type

diskpart

list disk

select disk x (x is the letter of your HDD)

clean

exit

now boot from the DVD using UEFI.

• zake169
    Options

Hi Acer Iron Fly, I have tried alt + f10 at boot and nothing happens. I also don't see the any options from Recovery CD to go into command prompt. Is there any other way I can get into command prompt? thanks

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

Probably a bootable live CD is the best option for your situation:
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html
    download the .iso file
    then use a software to burn CD/DVD or USB flash drive and burn the .iso file
    once done, put the CD/DVD/USB on your PC, boot from CD/USB (maybe you need to boot under Legacy if you have UEFI BIOS)
    press F12 at boot and choose CD or USB
    at the desktop
    select your HDD
    right click on your HDD icon and choose delete all patitions and click on yes and then apply
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/help/delete-all-partitions.html#howto
    or wipe your HDD completly (it will erase also any GPT or MBR on the HDD), choosing the first option after selecting the wipe function.
    then exit partition wizard, boot to BIOS, set UEFI back from Legacy (if you have UEFI BIOS) and boot from the erecovery media.

• zake169
    Options

I will try it tonight and let you know if it works. Thanks for the suggestion

• zake169
    Options

Ace Pathfinder, it turns out I can delete the raid volume by pressing control + I while booting up from Legacy mode. So after I deleted the raid volume, I reload the recovery disc using the other mode and able to ran the disc sucessfully! Now Im back into window 8 and installing endless updates to upgrade to window 10 again. Thanks for the support man, sure saved me bucks from sending it to acer for repair!

• IronFly
    Options

oh you had a RAID, i hope you recreated the RAID after destroying the old one. Smiley Happy

good to hear it you solved the issue. Smiley Happy