ES1 512 - Battery light flashes on / off, even when shut down... Not detected / charging. ???

es1-512user
es1-512user Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Guys, new user here with a relatively new Acer ES1-512.

I've recently upgraded my HDD to an SSD (yesterday), and while I was putting the SSD in the slot, the battery light started flashing on and off (out of the blue), and it hasn't stopped flashing since then...

• I didn't even touch the internal non-removable battery (FYI, I'm not talking about a CMOS battery; this ACER has a non-removable battery).

It's about 8 months old, but I think the (non-removable) has become faulty, for these reasons:

1. The battery light blinks (flashes, on / off), even when the laptop of FULLY shut down.
  2. When turning on the computer without the AC adaptor, I can't get past the BIOS - it says ("Critical Battery") or something... I can only proceed to Windows when I have the AC connected.
  3. After I get on Windows (via the AC connected, as mentioned in 2), and I leave the AC connected, the battery symbol (in the task tray) shows that it's empty and it says something along the lines of "AC connected, battery not charging".
  4. When I unplug the AC while in Windows, the machine runs fine, but the battery symbol says something like, "Battery not detected".
  • Remember, the battery light is flashing ALL THE TIME... even when the computer is fully shut down.

What I've tried:

1. 'Hard reset' of the battery, using a pin to press that battery reset button under the laptop... The flashing stops while I press the button, but resumes afterwards - doesn't fix it.

Laptop runs fine, except that I can't see the state of the battery, and I can't start it unless I have the AC adaptor connected...

How do I fix this battery issue?

Answers

• es1-512user
    es1-512user Member Posts: 2 New User

Anyone? Could be a motherboard issue too in my opinion...????