Optical drive that I can put into a V3-572PG-50S1.

PeteM
PeteM Member Posts: 2 New User

I would like to know if someone can supply me the part number for an optical drive that would fit into a V3-572PG-50S1.  The room is there for an optical drive but there is none supply with the original machine and I would like to find one on e-bay or elsewhere.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer

Hello,

Here are the parts you'll need:

Spoiler
    33.ML9N2.003ODD.BRACKET
    42.ML9N2.001ODD.BEZEL
    KO.00807.016DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (PANASONIC)
    KO.00807.020DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (PANASONIC)
    KO.0080D.014DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (HLDS)
    KO.0080D.017DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (HLDS)
    KO.0080F.008DVD.SMULTI.8X.SATA.W/O.BEZEL (PLDS)

Note: HLDS=Hitachi LG Data Store - PLDS= Philips LG Data Store

My advise:

You can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store by tchat or by phone.

France
  • PeteM
    PeteM Member Posts: 2 New User

Do you have the equivalent for North American part number.  I am from Quebec, Canada.

Thanks.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer

Hello,

These are international part numbers. You'll find perhaps the ODD but unfortunately the bracket is not find except at Acer. Contact your Acer store. The parts are not very expensive.

France
  • Monique1
    Monique1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Pete M

I am having the same issue.  Have you had any luck finding an optical drive?

• Monique1
    Monique1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi.

I have this same question and tried to find solutions (including this site) for months.  Finally I found the CD Rom (ODD) that fit my laptop.  The dealer is Console Data 1-800-267-4834.  I got the drive quickly and it installed easily once I turned the screw plate around on the drive (might not be necessary for all, but was for mine).  Finally happy with my laptop.