How to set drives to Raid 0 in r7-371t

marathondon
marathondon Member Posts: 7 New User

I had a drive failure only after owning the computer for 1 month. As you know with a RAID 0 setup you loose everything with a hard drive crash. I replaced the drive and did a fresh install of Windows 10 with the BIOS set on RAID but this only installs the OS on the drive In HDD 0 position. I contacted Acer and they said there is special software that is only available to the ACER technicians. I'm not to happy about this. They offered to let me return the laptop but I did the hard part by replacing the drive and I need the computer so I don't want to send it back and wait for it to be returned. 

Is anyone aware of software that could do this task? I suppose I should be happy that the risk of losing data has been lowered and I have 2 individual hard drives.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

as far as i know, that software is only available to Acer support service. Smiley Sad

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • KEHinWA
    KEHinWA Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon

Its an Intel Chipset. 

It uses Intel Rapid Storage Tech Drivers and software.  GET FROM INTEL

Just installed it on my R 13  software sees it as Intel Raid system.

Software or even if there was BIOS interface breaking RAID Stripes destroys OS.  Mirror can be broken.

But you can Create a set in the OS.  I run this on other systems.

So now that he software is installed and working I am ordering another 120GB Kingston for slot 2 and will Stripe them for speed.  Notebook is backed up on cloud all the time so not worried about drive failure.

• KEHinWA
    KEHinWA Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon

I did it this weekend Post is here:

U need a recovery USB created after you install Intel RST windows software

Then install the Command line from Intel

Boot from the USB to create RAID.

If you want keep your current system need to create a system image before this

Or you can do a fresh install after creating the RAID set.

See this thread where I posted summary of steps

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series/R13-R7-371T-Raid-0/td-p/366145/page/2