Windows 10 limited wifi at startup

Options
delphine
delphine Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello

Just upgraded my ACER E5-432 from windows 8.1 to windows 10, and since the upgrade, at every restart I'm getting a limited wifi connection.

I need to open the network settings, play with the buttons, and then it connects, until the next restart.

I've found some other thread on wifi issue but rather linked to sudden disconnection or impossibility to connect at all.

Would you know the cause of this issue? 

Thank you in advance

Delphine

Answers

• Danish
    Danish Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Hi,

Check for the Wifi adapter details in Device manager and confirm the same( realtek, atheros, broadcomm etc...). 

Visit Acer's support website and download the most recent Wifi driver  and install the same. Mentioned below is the link to US support website. Please select the appropriate support website as per your location:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: While I am a contracted employee, my contributions to Acer Community are my own and not representative of Acer or its views.

If i was helpful, a KUDOS is appreciate and remember to mark "Accept as Solution", the post that solved your problem.

• delphine
    delphine Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Thank you very much for your response. under network adapters I have Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter version: 10.0.0.62 and Realtek PCIe GBE family controller, as per downloading the latest drivers per location, does the location  really matters? I leave in Thailand and the Acer Thailand site is .. in thai with no english version...

Thank you in advance!

Delphine