Acer A210 Tablet Android Version 4.1.1 - no system updates, error message 1001

MoreAceProblems
MoreAceProblems Member Posts: 6 New User
Good Evening,

My tablet receives no system updates. If I manually go into:
About Tablet
System Update

"Automatically..." is already selected, and, if I click "Check Now", I get the following error message:
Update service temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Status code 1001

I have had this problem for more than 6 months. Yesterday, I tried a factory reset, and that has also not solved the problem.

Please tell me how this can be fixed.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

old Acer OTA servers are shut down, so you can't search automatic updates.

look at at the Acer support website.

http://www.acer.ch/ac/de/CH/content/drivers/4448;-;A210

select the android version you need, click on the OS tab and check if an update is available.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • MoreAceProblems

There's nothing there. Nothing new to try.

• IronFly

so, you have the last version, no more updates.

• MoreAceProblems

I don't believe that to be true. It is more than 6 months now with no functioning "System Updates" feature.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,466 Trailblazer

When the servers were taken down that feature no longer works. The servers will not go up again, since there will be no more updates for that model (and for several other models of that age).

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MoreAceProblems

Can someone please tell me, or show me in steps, how to upgrade the version of Android?

• IronFly

MoreAceProblems wrote:

Can someone please tell me, or show me in steps, how to upgrade the version of Android?

I repeat, you have the last version, no more updates.

• MoreAceProblems

I don't know on what basis you write that - there are newer versions of the operating system than what I have. You can find lists of them online.

• IronFly

go to settings/about tablet

please report

build number and image version

by the way, i repeat, the last original Acer stock version, is the one you already have; if you find other version newer than 4.1.1, those are custom roms and can't be discussed here.

• MoreAceProblems

No idea what "custom roms" means.

Here's a list based on the info on the android website:

4.3 Jelly Bean

4.4 KitKat

5.0 Lollipop

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,466 Trailblazer

MoreAceProblems wrote:

No idea what "custom roms" means.

Here's a list based on the info on the android website:

4.3 Jelly Bean

4.4 KitKat

5.0 Lollipop

Custom ROMs would be versions of the OS that Acer hasn't done, where some third party (typically a hobbiest) has ported the new version to the tablet hardware. None of the above listed versions have been ported to your tablet by Acer. The last version Acer did for your tablet is the version you are running right now. Remember that Android is not like Windows, Android requires that every OS release be rewritten to match the hardware, and manufacturers typically only do that for a year or two after the initial release.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.