WINDOWS 8.1 BLUETOOTH NOT WORKING AFTER UPDATE ON ACER V3-571......Solved!!!!!!

v3-571Ward
v3-571Ward Member Posts: 7 New User

Hello everyone, if anyone has had the horrible task of trying to get his or her bluetooth working after upgrading to windows 8.1, then look no further.  It took me hours and hours of faffing and fist raging, but in the end, there can be only one.  Anyway...Here is your solution.....Ps! I already upgraded to Windows 10, but went back to 8.1 as it trashed my PC and cost me 3.5 half days of painstaking re-install to get my laptop to work again. (WINDOWS 10...DONT BOTHER IN MY OPINION) I have :  ACER V3-571 64 BIT WIN 8.1  AGAIN. . IF YOU UPGRADE THIS LAPTOP TO WINDOWS 10...YOUR DOLBY V4 WILL STOP WORKING...was the start of a new nightmare for me.  MICROSOFT UPGRADE YOUR ACER WITH THEIR OWN DRIVERS WHEN YOU UPGRADE TO A NEW OPERATING SYSTEM, OFTEN THIS LEADS TO STUPID FIDDLY THINGS LIKE APPS AND APPLICATIONS NO LONGER WORKING.... SO here we go!!!

SOLUTION TO BLUETOOTH NOT WORKING V3-571 ACER WIN 8.1 64

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Switch off your bluetooth    .........search top right screen > Settings > Bluetooth > Toggle off!

2) Right Click your windows logo on the left hand side of your screen > device manager > Bluetooth >Uninstall totally the bluetooth driver and or delete.

3) Exit device manager.

4) www.google. > find acer drivers > acer website.  On website to find drivers, use auto detect serial number > go to your downloads folder >open downloaded auto detector > copy serial number> back to asking box for your serial number >right click > Paste serial number.

5)Select operating system from drop down menu (typically windows 8.1)

6Drivers > Select Bluetooth Qualcom Atheros Driver 64

7) Go to downloads on your pc

8) Right click the downloaded bluethooth qualcom atheros zip folder >  > extract here

9) Go into unzipped bluetooth folder > Double Click the installer Icon > Run installer

10) Restart PC

11) Boom!!!  Happy Days.....Nightmare over.  YOUR BLUETOOTH WILL NOW CRUISE

Spoiler

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Hope this will help other people, I had a nightmare for a good few hours trying to get my bluetooth to work again after upgrading to Win 8.1 FROM Win 8.  

Answers

• smegatron
    smegatron Member Posts: 15 New User

I personally don't use bluetooth on my laptop (I have the same model as you) but like you reverted back to W8.1 after seven days of trying to resolve issues with Dolby Home Theatre v4 not working and my cold boot time being in excess of 3minutes!

Regarding the Dolby issue not working in W10, apparently if you install the latest Realtek drivers from their official site (think current version R2.79) it solves it, and installs a new version of Dolby Home Theatre which is compatible with W10. Haven't tried it myself as I daren't go back to W10, but if anyone else stumbles upon this post it may be worth a try before giving up.

Am hoping that by the end of June 2016 Microsoft and all of the manufacturers have ironed out all of the glitches. I might then give it another try.

• v3-571Ward

I am not bothering with windows 10 my friend, it is too much of an newbe baby at the moment and there are just too many bug fixes need doing in my opinion.  I did manage to get my dolby home theatre to work again in windows 10, but it was an awful dulled down version with only half the features of the original that came with the version that was on my pc.

My plan is to stick to windows 8.1 until it's death.  When they withdrawl all the security patches for windows 8.1 and it becomes obsolete, then I will be forced to trash my pc again and go to windows 10, was not much fun mind spending 3.5 days putting everything back to its former state.   Hope they do make windows 10 more stable and fix a lot of the bugs.  I tried opening videos and pictures in windows 10.... result = missing element errors.... and  error, error,  error,,,  So I think I will wait until 28 July 16 to when the last day of my free upgrade and reservation to windows 10 becomes mandatory.  (This is I day before my year to upgrade expires).

Thanks for your post.  Will Smiley Happy

• smegatron
    smegatron Member Posts: 15 New User

Word of warning, just be careful if you try a second attempt at updating. Windows wouldn't allow me to go back to 8.1 as the files it needed had been removed.

Suggest downloading the ISO file from MS website and upgrading via the image from DVD or USB. Because I couldn't go back I did a complete clean install and ran the upgraded from the ISO and so far so good! No glitches, bugs, delay in boot time etc.

I tried almost everything on the net and the only thing that worked for me has been a clean install to eliminate all of the bugs, errors and performance degradation I encountered via the W10 update app. Other people may have better luck, but for me, this worked and it seems to be a familiar comment on various forums.

Best of luck

• v3-571Ward

Not been on Acer for a short while... I am finding my Acer running like clockwork at the moment.. full de-frag....virus free... c cleaned....all updates installed except for windows 10 and Skype.  Not really interested in having my pc set up with a microsoft account.. so whilst my laptop is running so well and fast I would like to add, why fix something that is not broken.  I also have my Dolby 4 original product installed and my bluetooth is working.  My laptop came with windows 8 and whilst everything is fine....why spoil it with win 10,  I do not rate it myself.  You know the saying,... If it is not broken...don't fix it.  Thanks for yourSmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy post.

ACER V3-571 WINDOWS 8.1 64 BIT 6GB DDR3 MEMORY INTEL HD GRAPHICS 4000 UP TO 1760MB DYNAMIC VIDEO MEMORY.....HAPPY DAYS FLYING ALONG Smiley Happy

• garonfr
    garonfr Member Posts: 1 New User

Wow, such a great help !  It worked first shot!

Thank you so much for this help !