5553g windows 10

2»

Answers

• Bartul
    Bartul Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the advice, I tried but the problem is still there

I figured that when I install an AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series (which corresponds to my computer) appears the problem explorer.exe / element not found. But when I put, for the example driver AMD Radeon HD 4000 series (which does not correspond to my computer) the problem is resolved, but the computer is overheating and slow.

What to do about it?

• casrtt
    casrtt Member Posts: 6 New User

I have found the artical where the 5553g was upgraded to windows 8.1 with all the functions and display working correctly. It was here in this forum see http://community.acer.com/t5/2013-Archives/Aspire-5553G-ati-driver/td-p/42447 post by Thomas 1982.

I wonder if this proceedure could be implemented with windows 10. The only successful upgrade to windows 10 by people here was to change the driver order in the bios. But that has heat and other issues.

• iridium174
    iridium174 Member Posts: 1 New User

I had the same problem. Solved it by installing AHCI drivers from AMD site. Just open

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download then click a link under section named "AMD Chipset, AHCI, USB 3.0 and RAID Drivers" corresponding your version of operating system (my variant was Windows 10/8.1/7 (64-bit) ).

After installing AMD Chipset Drivers and system reboot update drivers for Standard ATA controller - replace it with driver from AMD. When you reboot your notebook you'll find your DVD in right section fully functional.

• roys
    roys Member Posts: 4 New User

Does your laptop run at the right temperature too?

• wolfwoden
    wolfwoden Member Posts: 1 New User

I solved the problem by choosing in the bios discrete graphics instead of switchable graphics. If you don't have this settings then update the bios and set the discrete graphics. This way windows doesn't see the internal graphics but who cares Smiley Happy

this is the solution. 

Great and easy solution !

Display is working fine now !

Thanks for all people. :+1: