Aspire 7250 - Win 7 to 10 ?

Options
emeyada
emeyada Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

Anyone take the leap from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 10?

How'd it go?

Thanks

Answers

• Tedavis13
    Tedavis13 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Don't do it! I have an Acer Aspire 5755, I guess, and I am stuck with a blinking home desktop. I cannot do anything. I can't open anything. I can't uninstall or even try to boot in safe mode. The screen is just continuously blinking.  I can't even open the start menu. I can't get help anywhere. My pc is ruined!

• Ddude
    Ddude Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    Hmm, that model isn't on the list either. I think you're right, I'll stick with Win 7.
  • davequinn2
    davequinn2 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I did my Aspire 7740 and so far so good ... did it on July 29, 2015 and am using it right now

• Tedavis13
    Tedavis13 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I noticed that there are a lot of people having issues upgrading from 7 to 10. I finally got mine to work but I can't tell you exactly how. I was able to bring up my Task Manager and then started opening things manually. When I opened my antivirus and updated it, the blinking stopped and I had control again. Since then, I haven't noticed any problems. It seems okay but will definitely take some getting used to. It's not hard but it's definitely not what we're used to. If you do upgrade, make sure you disable you antivirus or make sure it's updated asap. I was unable to get to mine and that was the issue. Good luck!

• Ddude
    Ddude Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    I think I'll leave well enough alone (my Aspire 7250 is sweet as is) and instead take advantage of this coming Black Friday and get something with a SSD.
  • 4dr14n
    4dr14n Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi

I own an Acer Aspire 7250 and I took the update from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits to the new OS Windows 10.

After the update I have downloaded the Windows 10 install kit and installed it fresh. All drivers are perfectly recognized.

Everything went ok and now Windows 10 runs on my Aspire.

If you have further questions don't hesitate to contact me Smiley Wink

• Amanda8705
    Amanda8705 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have an Acer Aspire 7250 and want to upgrade to Windows10. I upgraded using the Media Creation Tool but nothing works correctly. Any suggestions?
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018
    Options

Need to go to https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and download the drivers for those pieces that do not work properly.

ps is the screen blinking after the login screen ? If so during login you need to click on the accessibility icon and select "High Contrast". Then download and install the correct video driver. I have seen MS select the rong driver during upgrade and this is what happens.