R7 Display seems "blurry" on certain apps

Options
palatzo
palatzo Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

Hope you guys can help me - seeing that your online consultant was not able to.

I bought the Acer Aspire R7 machine last week (SNID - 34912764934) and noticed that there is a display problem. (see attached pic)

There is a huge difference between my skype, a notepad doc, Word doc and Facebook game. The quality of the Facebook game and Skype is pathetic compare to the notepad and Word docs. You can also see on the second print screen that the Facebook email (which is Acer Africa and the Chat screen) display's poorly compare to the rest of the screen layout. It is if some of the display's looks kinda blurry.

I never used to have this problems on any of my laptops before, but I do experience them on the Aspire R7 and it is messing with my eyes.

Also the entire display is very small, except if I change it - it is way smaller than any computer I have ever worked on. The Google Chrome browser must then be reduced to 90% after I have increased the display.

All of this is highly annoying, because I have never experience such display problems with any computer and trust me I am an IT Engineer and I work on a lot of computers.

Can someone please provide me with a workable explanation on how to get this fixed, because it mess up my eyes badly.

I guess if there is not fix then I have to return the laptop.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

[edited to comply with guidelines - removed image displaying personal information]

Answers

• PenguinJim
    PenguinJim Member Posts: 72 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello,

I had what sounds like the same problem when I did a complete reinstall on my R7 last month. Windows Desktop icons were larger, and some 3rd party programs like Steam had larger boxes with fuzzier text than before.

Bring up the Windows desktop (I like to press Windows Key - D) and right-click, and select Screen Resolution. Make sure that you are running in the native resolution, 1920x1080. Then, at the top of the Screen Resolution box, click where it says "Display" (between "Appearance and Personalisation" and "Screen Resolution"). Select the "Smaller (100%)" radio button, and Apply. Everything should now be uniformly displayed at the correct scaling for 1920x1080.

When you say "the entire display is very small", this could be because it is a 1080P screen, while your previous laptops were 720P or lower. As you are an IT Engineer and therefore understand pixel density on screens, I need say no more.

• palatzo
    palatzo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for your reply.  It did not quite fix my problem but I played around with the size and resolution and managed to get it perfect at size 100% and then change the screen resolution to 1366 X 768.  That was the closest I could get it to work without the blurry patches and without messing with my eyes.