NO WINDOWS 10 SUPPORT FOR ASPIRE V3-471G

Options
bongski55
bongski55 Member Posts: 14 New User

How come my Aspire V3-471G is not listed for Windows 10 support? A lesser model V3-371(I3 processor) is supported while mine with i5 and Nvidia graphics is not supported

I have joined the Windows Insider and installed windows 10 without any problems. For any required drivers as seen on the Device Manager, I used windows 8 drivers which were available from support site.  

Answers

• jameslab8470
    jameslab8470 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I tried installing windows 10 also on my laptop. my laptop is also v3-471g. though it was successful, but my laptop fan has gone crazy... going back to win 7... are there any issues  using win10 on v3-471g?

• bongski55
    Options

Hello, I just upgraded to windws 10 last night. So far no issues for me. did not notice much about the fan. I guess I don't have that issue. But then it has been less than a day.

First thing I noticed after the upgrade is there is Device Manager issue with the display adapter. So I searched for a new driver thru device manager and the Nvidia driver was installed.
    then there was an "unknown device notice. That also I assumed to be the bluetooth driver.so proceeded to download the win 8 bluetooth driver from Acer.

• jameslab8470
    Options

did you do update through the windows reservation? or through force update?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

bongski55 wrote:

How come my Aspire V3-471G is not listed for Windows 10 support? A lesser model V3-371(I3 processor) is supported while mine with i5 and Nvidia graphics is not supported

I have joined the Windows Insider and installed windows 10 without any problems. For any required drivers as seen on the Device Manager, I used windows 8 drivers which were available from support site.  

The list you are refering to is for machines that will need new drivers that Acer will support. You don't need new drivers from Acer, so you don't need to be on the list. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bongski55
    Options

If you mean by "force update" using the Media Creation Tool then yes. I also did windows reservation but did not get any from Windows Update. Got impatient so proceeded.

• bongski55
    Options

@ACE billsey

Is your statement official from ACER? Because there is nothing to that effect on the ACER website. ACER states that they will only support models that are listed. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Of course nothing I say is "official from Acer", I am just a user on the forum like everyone else. When they say "support model" they mean "support drivers for model". It has little to do with which models work with W10, ther than those are sure to work, or are sure to get working eventually. Many other models will work as well, especially if they don't need customised drivers.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models

Note that the first line says: "Acer will provide driver support for the following products that qualify for the Windows update:"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jameslab8470
    Options

Already done installing Windows 10 on my laptop.. It actually works okay... But here comes another problem. I noticed that my fan is getter crazier and i felt that my laptop became hotter. I checked the processor's temp and it reached to 100C! One solution I got from the web was to reduce the minimum and maximum power management. I tried it on my laptop, and the temp reduced to 60 to 80C. Process power lowered to 50% Smiley Sad

Do you guys have the same problem? What were your solutions?

• dakwan
    dakwan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Has anybody had a problem with their keyboard after upgrading to windows 10? Any keyboard driver available?