s7 391 has cosmetic crack on backside of lid, spreading rapidly

Options
danniro
danniro Member Posts: 4 New User

I realized this morning my laptop has a crack on the back lid, the crack is mostly undetectable through touching the lid (as in the crack is not on the surface) except for at one small spot. When I returned from errands and went to open my laptop I saw the crack has split into two cracks now, stemming from the small spot where the crack is feelable. I'm really worried it's gonna worsen and affect my screen or compromise my laptop somehow, but it's not under warranty or eligible for an extension. 

Answers

• Daikon
    Daikon Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options
    Hi, I suggest you send it for a repair so the damage won't escalate to something that costs huge amount of bucks if repaired. The sooner, the better. (Sorry for my bad English)
  • danniro
    Options

Do you think it would be that expensive?

• Daikon
    Daikon Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Honestly I don't even have an idea on how much it will cost but again it would be better to send it for repairs as soon as possible. If the crack is spreading rapidly then it might eventually expose some vital (and expensive) parts that should be always covered. Its better to be safe than sorry Smiley Wink

• danniro
    Options

sigh...

Okay. I just worry about sending it off blindly and then receiving a $300 maintance fee :/