Aspire E-15 dropping wifi connection

kavsie
kavsie Member Posts: 3 New User

I have my Acer Aspire E-15 new for the last 8 months, ever since I have it unless i sit close to the router then my wifi signal drops or wont even detect it, this is not my service providers fault as it happens on ALL routers I have tried (my work/friends etc), also, I checked my Internet speed on my router and it showed at 5.9 Mbs PS, yet 3 other laptops tested showed the optimum speed of 30, all done hard wire test,, is there an issue with my wireless driver??...I am not very technically minded on this subject. I have checked the updated version of the driver and it says it is up to date,,,am getting just stonewalled by the comoany I bought it from,,,any help would be very much appreciated

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

first thing to try is to re-install wifi drivers.

you will able to download it from here.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

Scroll down to Drivers and Manuals

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • kavsie

thank you for the reply, I had already done as you suggested, even used driver identifier to identify the correct driver.....but at the end of the process it told me no update required

• IronFly

ok, so it can be an issue with the wifi antenna, sometimes the 2 antenna wires can became loose and need to be replugged but this involves opening the monitor frame and the back of your laptop.

• kavsie

too out of my depth,,,i do intend to have it looked in to by a technician when i go on leave,,,so will let you know what comes from that...thenk you sincerely for your input tho

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy