Computer almost overheating?

I upgraded to windows 10 and now i am noticing pretty hot temperatures for this laptop (Gateway NE56R41u) I used Piriform Speccy to find out the temperature and it said CPU temperature is like 77C during roblox gaming it didn't do this before.. Microsoft get windows 10 app said this was compatible!.. why is it almost overheating? Smiley Sad The way things are looking right now with the bad experience with Acer brands i might never go back Acer brand..

FAQ & Answers

• JordanBJordanB ACE Posts: 3,699 Pathfinder

coolmichaelrock,

I don't see any Windows 10 drivers for your computer.  So I'm assuming it's not compatible with Windows 10 or Acer is not offically supporting it?  I don't see a list of supported Gateway devices so I can't say for sure.

http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/drivers-downloads

I think the best course of action is to go back to Windows 8.1 using the rollback feature in windows 10 so you don't damage your computer.  And then after you do that, you can research it a little more to see if there is a workaround.

rollback.JPG

You can try the Intel Driver Update Utility, but I'm not sure if that will help.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Update-Utility

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanBJordanB ACE Posts: 3,699 Pathfinder

I almost forgot......check to see if there is a BIOS update for your computer too.

I'm not an Acer employee.