Aspire e15 stuck on acer startup screen

Options
Fullmoonani
Fullmoonani Member Posts: 3 New User
1 day, my laptop just couldnt startup, it would turn on and go to the acer page but wouldn't go beyond that. Sometimes it says preparing automatic repair but nothing happens and sometimes it goes to the repair page.
Once every 20-40 force shutdowns, i can log in. I tried refreshing my laptop and it worked but after i installed the windows 8.1 updates, it stopped working again and now it continues to stay on the acer page.
Ive tried alot of solutions but nothing worked.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

it looks like some issues with HDD, at least reading what your reported.

i would try another refresh and wait before update to windows 8.1 to check if the issue appears on windows 8 too.

you can also have a check on your HDD health status with HDDTune:

http://www.hdtune.com/download.html

please check Health tab and run an Error scan and report here.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Fullmoonani
    Options

The health is "ok" and I ran a quick error scan and nothing was wrong, now I'mm running a normal error scan and so far,nothing is wrong (currently at 30%).

• IronFly
    Options

if it ends without errors, try to restore it to windows 8 and check if it's stable then before updating to windows 8.1, check on Acer support website about updated drivers (for windows 8.1) and install it:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

• Fullmoonani
    Options

Ive actually been using windows 8.1 ever since I got my laptop as it came with 8.1. Only around a few days ago this this error occur.

• IronFly
    Options
    Oh ok, so probably it's windows update the real issue.
    By the way a check if any newer drivers are available for your laptop is a good thing.