Check out our Windows 10 forums for issues related to Win 10

Cory-Acer
Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

All,

Windows 10 is here and we know people are excited to get it. We'd like to request any posts specifically about Windows 10, the upgrade or the issues you're having with the operating system, are posted in the Windows 10 forum. We're moving Windows 10 content to the Windows 10 forum to help better facilitate answers to those posts.

Please check out the Welcome to the Windows 10 forum post here: http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Welcome-to-the-Windows-10-forum-Start-here-first/td-p/366899

Cory

Answers

• scooter120
    scooter120 Member Posts: 1 New User

Same thing happened to me too on my Aspire V5-552G, but I have already tried a few things to get Dolby Home Theater back on to my pc. So far I've tried uninstalling the driver that was already installed after the Windows 10 update and installed the one I got from the Acer website(Windows 10 64-bit).

I just followed the walkthrough on this video on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knLfkyJ4R3s&fmt=18&feature=iv&src_vid=s2E-Mtt6kyU&annotation_id=annotation_3973527155

Anyway, after reinstalling the Realtek audio drivers and installing Dolby Home Theater, I didn't have any problem whatsoever with installation but Dolby Home Theater doesn't work. The icon's there like it's supposed to be but the bars on it don't move and no matter what I do, it doesn't affect the sound quality.

So far I've tried installing the windows 8.1 Realtek audio driver but no luck so far. Next thing I'm going to try is installing the windows 8 driver.

I did notice that it looks differently from what I originally had when I got my pc and before upgrading to windows 10.

I apologize but I couldn't get a screenshot of how it used to look like but here's how it looks like now.

I seriously need help with this. The speakers sound really weak and it sounds really dull and dry.

123.jpg

• JaapDJ
    JaapDJ Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

I installed the audio drivers that are listed under Windows 10 on the Asus support site for my VN7. That made the Dolby app disappear. But doing a search on the C: drive for 'Dolby', I found the DolbyDigitalPlusAA.msi file, which is located in a hidden C:/OEM directory. That file is the installer file: just run it and it will reinstall the Dolby app. It works (and sounds) just fine for me.

• peter2b
    peter2b Member Posts: 2 New User

Not sure if this the right place to ask this question but here goes. I have an Aspire V3-571-6443 laptop and was very surprised to find that it's not on the list of models supported by Acer for Windows 10. The Microsoft check indicated that it's compatible and I went ahead and upgraded before I found the Acer list. It seems to work okay except that it takes ages to boot - about 3 minutes with long periods of a black screen. I now see from various forums that many other are experiencing the same. This model is only a couple of years old; it came with an Intel i5-3210M processor and loaded with Windows 8 (which I upgraded to 8.1.)

It seems outrageous that users of this and other fairly new machines cannot get the necessary support from Acer to use what is essentially the standard Windows operating system now and in the future. I know I can revert to Windows 8.1 but 10 is clearly better, especially for non touch-screen models like this. Do we have to live with a 3-minute boot or is there a workaround? If so, it would have been nice of Acer to let us know instead of telling us we're on our own. I have an old Aspire 6920 and it handles Windows 10 better than the V3-571! But this certainly doesn't make want to buy another Acer computer!

• Acer can add the Aspire 5250-0639 to the list of laptops capable of running 10. I did not have to install a single driver and it works great.

• seka
    seka Member Posts: 3 New User

I had the same problem with my Acer VN7 when I upgraded/clean installed Win10. I tried everything, searched everything and finally got a solution!

I installed previous Win8.1 DolbyDigitalPlusAA. installer and had the previous look of the app (not the one in your picture) and it works as it worked before. You can hear the sound getting better when comapring it in ON/OFF modeSmiley Happy

Hope it helps!

Greetings,

RS

• josuatarsisius
    josuatarsisius Member Posts: 3 New User

upgraded my Aspire V5-471P to Win 10 x64. Everything is fine, except the Bluetooth driver can't receive files. It can send files, but can't receive files.

Please help

• dkizzy
    dkizzy Member Posts: 3 New User

The old version loads for me just fine on Windows 10, it is the newer files that I cannot get to load on startup. It works with manual launch. The latest realtek audio package from the Acer support page for my product contains a folder called DS1. I'm pretty sure that is a newer version of Dolby AA and HT. 

The one in the PCEE4 folder that you install from what appears to be 2012 loads on startup for me.