Bluetooth not working after installing Windows 10 on Aspire P3

porphyrula
porphyrula Member Posts: 1 New User

I upgraded my Aspire P3 tablet to Windows 10.  This table came with an Acer bluetooth keyboard and mouse. After the upgrade the bluetooth mouse and keyboard were recognized and functioned normally.  I then did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 which was successful but the tablet no longer recognizes the bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

The control panel shows bluetooth is enabled and scanning for devices.  I've tried turning bluetooth off and on again, power-cycling the tablet, power-cycling the mouse but no go.

Answers

• Permafry42
    Permafry42 Member Posts: 2 New User

unfortunately after updating the drivers there has been no change to my computer's ability to discover a bluetooth keyboard.

edit: so after like 2 hours i finally realized what was the issue.In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to use first install the new windows 10 specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post , then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers, THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing, reseting the connection. After doing these three things, the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows 10, listed specially as a keyboard. Then just type in the code and you should be good to go!

• isti
    isti Member Posts: 2 New User

Bluetooth not working after installing Windows 10 on Aspire P3. also keyboard could not paired. how to solve

• isti
    isti Member Posts: 2 New User

Re: Bluetooth not working after installing Windows 10 on Aspire P3, keyboard also côuld not work

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Place to start is with Device Manager - it should open any drivers that are having a problem automagically.