V5-571 not on Windows 10 supported list?

alex_ncfc
alex_ncfc Member Posts: 35 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi all,

I am curious as to why my Acer Aspire V5-571 isn't on the supported list for Windows 10 drivers and updates? It is more than capable and the Get Windows 10 icon from Microsoft said it was all compatible. Are there no plans for any drivers from Acer?

Answers

• DragonOsman2
    DragonOsman2 Member Posts: 15 New User

I'm wondering the same thing.  I have the same model of Acer Aspire, and I was able to upgrade to Windows 10 after reserving it as it said that my computer is compatible.  So why is this model not listed for Windows 10 driver and software updates?  What's going on?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

What is going on is that Acer is not providing updated drivers for the model. There are often updated drivers available from Microsoft or from the chipset manufacturer, so Acer doesn't need to supply new ones. When that's the case the model will not show on their list, but the update will work anyway.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • diiorio
    diiorio Member Posts: 14 New User

I have the V3-771g and it isn't either. I was like, but why? another model is basically the same one exactly but with a lower GPU model.

SOmeoen told me it will update fine and isntall drivers from Microsoft and I don't need to cahnge anything. I am hoping this is true.

• cgeldert
    cgeldert Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I have the same model and since getting Windows 10, I have had a whole mess of problems regarding the drivers and their combatibility with Windows 10. 

Have you been experiencing the same problems?

• cgeldert
    cgeldert Member Posts: 2 New User

Do you happen to know if there are in fact updated drivers available for this model?

Windows 10 is not working properly on my computer, and I am trying to find a way to get the compatible drivers so that it will work.

• judyg26
    judyg26 Member Posts: 1 New User

I just spent 8 hours last Thursday and another on Friday trying to download Windows 10 on to my Acer.  After help from the Microsoft store - we found out that this version of Aspire is STILL not compatible with Windows 10.   The monitor keeps flashing, hence I can't get anywhere on my laptop.  Why is it the version before and the version after this one ARE compatible, yet this version is not?  I can't afford to purchase another computer at this time and this is my only access to my personal files. I either have to operate in Safe Mode or revert back to Windows 7.  Is there no solution to this??????

• JKpoos
    JKpoos Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having the same laptop. For an year I am struggling with windows 10 installed.
    01. Hard disk usage goes 100% frequently, and that time can't do any work.
    02. It won't shut down. After the shut down, the screen goes blank but the machine still works.
    03. Wireless module is *****. (It's win 10 problem I guess; somany laptops have this) To see available Wifi have to wait a minute or two. After the password, for this simple networks it says "Can't connect".
    My laptop is fully updated and BIOS also I updated; no solution. Right now I am using this by terminating several servises like Cortana. Beacause I'm the incharge in IT here I want to get used to windows 10; that's why I'm keeping this sthill.

• ThreePutt
    ThreePutt Member Posts: 1 New User

I don't think that is true.  If you have a source for a driver that might or will work.....TELL US WHERE TO GET IT.  Being unable to download a current version of Windows 10 creates many problems.  Windows 10 computers will start the  download automatically and since the latest Anniversary edition of downloads from Windows seems to be quite involved it slows the computer to almost a standstill while it makes it's attempt on the download only to inform us that it did not work so the previous operating version is then reinstalled.  These computers are useless unless they can keep up with the times.  Throw us a bone here Acer and advise us WHERE THESE WORKABLE DRIVERS ARE OR FIX THIS.  This is my first Acer and with the slow or non-existant customer service it will be my last.

• diiorio
    diiorio Member Posts: 14 New User

A note since this an old page people are reposting to the V3-571 is fully supported and all drivers work. I've been running 10 on it since it was offered originally.

• BJM2
    BJM2 Member Posts: 1 New User

with older versions of windows 10 about to be cut off the support list, specifically 1507 and 1511

the problem needs to fixed

upates run and then revert back to previous version ......

• Himmit
    Himmit Member Posts: 3 New User

Because if it were, you wouldn't buy a new Acer that pretends to support Win 10.