Aspire VN7 571G 55ZA Intel Graphics driver

Joachim_
Joachim_ Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello!

I upgraded my VN7 571G 55ZA to Windows 10 yesterday and since my notebook only had Windows 8.1 Home I got the Windows 10 Home Edition aswell. That edition forces updates from Windows Update and so it does for the integrated Intel Graphics 4400 from the Intel Core i5 4210U. The problem is with the manufacturer drivers from Intel my Notebook is not able to display real 1920x1080 resolution anymore altough it is shown everywhere as 1920x1080 also the some windows are really blurry. I already tried installing manufacturer drivers from Intel under Windows 8.1 and it did the exact same thing so I had to switch back to the OEM drivers from Acer.

So under Windows 10 I got version 10.18.15.4256 force installed. When I tried installing the version 10.18.15.4256 (after trying to uninstall the drivers on it of course) I got the error message "The system does not meet the requirements for the software.". The problem also is you cannot really make a good install with a restart after you delete the drivers on it because as soon as you restart the computer Windows 10 would just install the driver again while you are still on the login screen!

Now I have seen how often acer updated the drivers for my notebook and I was asking myself if we will get another driver update in the near future that is probably an up to date version of the Intel Graphics driver like version 15.x.x.x? Or is there an obvious reason that I do not see why we still get the 10.x.x.x versions of their drivers?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

I'm not sure if this will help as we have different computers.

When I upgraded to Windows 10 like you did......I just let Windows do it's thing.  After it was done, I went to Acer downloads and installed the chipset driver.  After I installed the chipset driver and it rebooted, I installed the intel ME (management engine) driver.  I never manually installed the intel HD4400/4600 graphics driver.  I just used what windows gave me in the upgrade process. The intel graphics driver that windows upgrade automatically gave me is actually newer than what's on intel's website.....so I just stuck with it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Joachim_
    Joachim_ Member Posts: 5 New User

Thanks for the reply!

What notebook do you have? And which processor with it?

I just installed chipset driver and mgmtengine but that did not change anything. I think my notebook with it's 15.6" screen needs a certain modification on the driver from acer to actually be capable of displaying true 1920x1080 resolution. Just my guess though since I saw the diffrence before from manufacturer to OEM driver with the above described diffrences. I would just feel more confident if I got a driver from acer installed and see how that looks like.