Aspire Switch 10: Remove function not found

Options
EMoraAC
EMoraAC Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hello Acer friends! I got my Switch 10 some weeks ago, SW5-012-192E, but have had some little problems. First things first, this is my second ACER. The first one is very old and still works! Happy with these little things. But this "Switch" machine keeps telling me to use the "safely remove function" when separating the PC from the keyboard, but I can't find this function anywhere in the PC. Definitely not found in the desktop's taskbar. In sum, should I find the function in any other place in the PC to be able to use it? Thank you guys! Have fun with your ACERs.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

IIRC this only means something if you have a drive installed in the keyboard. Then you use the little icon normally used for thumb drive to safely disconnect the drive. You could also use Eject from a right click on the drive icon.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hap1219
    Hap1219 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have had the same issue.  I have had my computer for two days lol.  I get a notification when I detach my screen from my keyboard and when I reconnect it.  I can not find the normal eject icon in the right corner of my screen.  Where can I find this button to safely eject?  
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,557 Trailblazer
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can totally eliminate the notifications if you detach and reconnect the KB when the machine is off. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ