Disk driver for WIN10 clean install on Iconia W700?

larsras
larsras Member Posts: 31 New User

Hi

I'm trying to do a clean install WIN10 Release on my W700. My win81 is kind of ***** and i need to do a clean install (and not first win8, win81 and then win10).

When the WIN10 installer shows the destination window, it is just empty and it asks for a device driver, and gives me the posibility to specify one. I just don't have any idea of which driver it is.

Any ideas?

br Lars

Best Answer

• larsras
    Answer ✓

Solved.

I have a WIN81 PRO license, so i downloaded the WIN10 64bit PRO version of course. THis one can not see the disk in my tablet.

Then i downloaded the Home version, and this on works. After installation and activation, windows did the pro upgrade automatically.

Answers

• ricovin
    ricovin Member Posts: 6 New User

sorry, this reply is not answering your question, but bringing up another one, did your w700 get the get win10 app shown in the task tray?

• larsras

Actually it is a 710 i have :-)

But yes, it did, and i have also tried the upgrade. Went smooth, but would like to do the clean install.

• larsras
    Answer ✓

Solved.

I have a WIN81 PRO license, so i downloaded the WIN10 64bit PRO version of course. THis one can not see the disk in my tablet.

Then i downloaded the Home version, and this on works. After installation and activation, windows did the pro upgrade automatically.

• pimo
    pimo Member Posts: 1 New User

a "clean" install of win10 is pointless just reset it in the OS and it can reset itself in 10-20 mins or u can go mess around trying to do a clean install from media and take an hour