Aspire V5-571P BIOS reset

Options
aLISTAIR401
aLISTAIR401 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi All!

I've having issues clearing the BIOS on my Acer V5-571P. I was silly and forgot the BIOS password and need to get back in to change boot order (I just switched to an SSD and it displays "Operating System not Found" when there's definitely an operating system on there).

I've tried removing the CMOS battery for around half an hour. I've tried shorting these two jumpers but nothing happens (I may be doing it wrong though: step 1, short jumpers and keep them shorted, step 2, power on, step 3, stop shorting)

I'm currently stuck with an unusable laptop so please help!

Answers

• Ameer
    Ameer Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

that jumper and cmos battery thing doesn't work with acer. your have to convert your ssd's partition in which you install windows from mbr to gpt in order to boot from that ssd because v5-571p have uefi bios.
    step 1 download rufus
    rufus any version will workrufus any version will work

step 2 select GPT partition scheme for UEFI17499617_1306999719369585_2095027858_o.jpg

step 3 click in diskdrive button and load your desired os and click start

after this process you have to convert the ssd's partition from mbr to GPT in order to install windows and the process will be performed in setup of windows you will open command 

Step 1.

Open command prompt window during installation by pressing Shift + F10.

Step 2.

Type Diskpart into cmd window.

Step 3.

Type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to delete or convert.

Step 4. 

Now type select disk DiskNumber. By using this command you select the drive in which you want to any operation.

Step 5.

Now type clean.

Running the clean command will delete all partitions or volumes on the disk.

Step 6.

Now the last step is :

At the command prompt, type convert mbr. It will convert the selected drive into MBR.

its a long process but your problem will be solved.

• Goodi
    Goodi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Wow like that was super easy! Not!

What do you mean it doesn't work for acer? The manual of my acer clearly instructs to do just that.. I've been trying to short out these tiny little gap circuit nodes for 2 hours like an *****? 
    What fun
  • xWiniMx
    xWiniMx Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It does work. I have done it. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how I did, though. I was trying the whole 'short for 20 seconds' type thing but then I got frustrated and just started with random times of power on. The trick for me was to short the 2101 jumpers, not the 2201. Reset the entire system, not the password.